Buffalo Wing Meatballs

Hello Gluten Free Friends!

I hope you all had a great Memorial Day Weekend. It has been a while since my last post, but trust me when I say I miss blogging SO MUCH! For those of you that don't know, I had a baby back in July 9th, and although it has set me back a bit with my personal time (like blogging), motherhood has been really awesome and I'm loving it.

Speaking of family, this next inspiration post I dedicate to my big brother, Ace! His birthday was this month, actually both my brothers birthdays fall on the month of May. Lovely!

I am not sure how it started, but ever since I can remember I've been calling my big bro Meatball, a term of endearment. Perhaps it was his love for meatballs and spaghetti?

My brother lives in another state so when we get together we usually enjoy some good chats and more importantly some good chow. Buffalo wings to be precise. So what I did was I combined his nickname and our love for spicy wings and VOILA! - the Buffalo Wing Meatball was born.

I am sure I'm not the only person to come up with this idea but I like to think so. Nonetheless, it struck me that this would be a great first post back from my "maternity" leave from the blog. Thank you for your patience everyone.

*If you really love it very spicy, keep the hot sauce bottle handy and drizzle it over your Buffalo Wing Meatballs before eating.

Enjoy my GFFs!


Oh Yum!

Loving how the celery inside gives it an unexpected crunch.

 Ingredients:
1/2 stick of unsalted butter
1/2 cup of Louisiana's Red Hot sauce
1 lb. ground chicken
1 large egg
1 or 2 celery sticks, minced
1 cup GF bread crumbs, I love Aleia's- (optional, I made these without it)
1 teaspoon of salt
2 or 3 Tbsp of olive oil for baking dish

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. With your fingers evenly coat a 9 x 13 baking pan, set aside.

In a small saucepan combine butter and red hot sauce until stick of butter is completely melted. Use low heat and don't leave unattended so it doesn't burn. Allow for mixture to cool off, about 10 minutes.

Then combine red hot sauce butter mix into the ground chicken along with all the other ingredients.

Roll the meat mixture into little meatballs, depending on the size you roll them you can end up with anywhere from 16 to 25 meatballs, aim for small balls so it can cook faster and thoroughly, about 1 or 2 inches max.  Line up your meatballs on your baking pan and let roast for 15 to 20 minutes.  Make sure they are firm and cooked through, 165ยบ on the meat thermometer.

Take out of the oven and allow for your "wing" meatballs to cool if you can wait.

Your kitchen is going to smell so freaking awesome with the hot sauce spicing the air.




Comments

April Barbee said…
Looks delish! I will be trying these soon. Thanks Claud!
Anonymous said…
Sounds/looks yummy! I don't usually make too many meals from recipes, but this seems simple enough. Thanks, girlfriend!

Jenny :-)
Claudia said…
Thank you ladies. Jenny it is simple, and so delicious!

Popular Posts