Roasted Brussel Sprouts

My favorite way to enjoy veggies is roasted. In her recent  book, The Kind Diet, author and actress Alicia Silverstone recommended trying roasted brussel sprouts because it "taste like popcorn". I'm a huge popcorn fan, so I gave it a try and loved it. I've since roasted brussel sprouts a bunch of times, and each time I try it with a different twist. But the best way is simply with oil and salt. Very quick to prep.


Roasted Brussel Sprouts
I use about a pound of sprouts. Cut and remove the hard stems (bottoms), then I slice the sprout open (like photo above). In a cookie sheet lay out the sprouts face up, spray over each sprout with vegetable oil, then sprinkle each with salt and pepper. About 15-20 minutes in an oven or toaster oven at 425 degrees.


Savour GFFs!




Comments

Popular Posts