Chef Ramsay's Broccoli Soup

Every time I watch Gordon Ramsay do his thing in the kitchen, I just can't wait to get behind my kitchen counter and start prepping the next meal. The man sure knows his way around a kitchen.

This recipe suprised me because it was the most simplest one I've encountered from him. Broccoli Soup!


Green goodness Broccoli. Thick and creamy, simply yummy.

By far the best broccoli soup I've enjoyed and it only has 3 ingredients: broccoli, water and salt. And the salt is optional so we can even say 2 ingredients!

Now creamy soups are my favorite types of soups to have, it just feels more filling.

I chopped 2 heads of broccoli (you can use the entire broccoli not just the crowns), tossed it in boiling water for about 4 minutes.  Don't throw out the water you used to boil the broccoli, pour it into a glass cup and have it nearby. Notice how the water is now green? That's our "broccoli" stock that we use to make the broccoli soup.

Here's the boiled broccoli and the "broccoli" stock I used to pour into my Vitamix

What it looks like after blended

The amount of water you want to use when pouring it inside your blender will determine how thick it'll become. So if you like it creamy and thick use less water, but if you want it a little thinner, then add more water. I usually pour about 1 cup for two heads of broccoli. Then I toss in my salt and blend.

That's it. Chef Ramsay adds a small dollop of goat cheese. It does give it that pros touch.

FYI- I used and recommend Vitamix blenders.

Enjoy my GFFs!

Comments

Popular Posts