Turkey Legs a la Reinassance Faire

With all the renovations we have going on at our "new" house we've had to make a few sacrifices this summer, like giving up summer to renovate. Not that we both don't mind since any homeowner can attest it's worth the time and investment. But when the temperatures heat those high numbers, with no A/C at the house, it can get testy. 

Anyway, Enzo (my husband) and I on occasion make a pilgrimage upstate New York to the New York Renaissance Faire. Once we arrive, he makes a bee-line to the turkey leg booth. He might even eat two or three in between the silly performances and the Jousting. I have to admit they are flavorful and I'm pretty full and satisfied after eating just one turkey leg.

So since he can't make it this year to the Renaissance fair for his turkey leg, I brought the turkey legs to him.

I shot him a text earlier to let him know what was on today's dinner menu, and he responded back "OH YEAH!"

The key here for oven roasting these legs is (amazingly) water. Yeah, water! Something I learned the hard way.



4 Turkey Legs
Cook time 2 hours
Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Use your fave rub on turkey legs. I used kosher salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and a little Mrs. Dash.
Before covering with tin foil, pour about 1/4 of water in the pan.

Cook for one hour, then remove tin foil and turn turkey legs over, see and smell the juices at the bottom of the pan! Scoop and pour a little bit of it on the turkey legs. Then return to the oven for one more hour, this time without the tin foil.

And that's it! Ye olde Turkey Legs.

Enjoy.

Comments

I LOVE TURKEY LEGS! Excellent post and photo. Thank you so much for sharing on eRecipeCards. Everything came through perfect. Please fell free to post any of your back stock of recipes and of course make us a habit whenever you post anything new.

Gluten Free and "GF" are among our most searched for key words. be sure to include those in your labels (tags) when you submit so these folks can find you easier. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. I want your new blog to be a HUGE success!

Dave Contact@eRecipeCards.com

Dave
Claudia said…
Dave thank you for your kind words, and I will continue to post to eRecipeCards you can be sure about that. ;)
Ana said…
Girrrrrrl, those turkey legs look so yummy!! Bring some to work!

Popular Posts